The Illinois Nurses Association legislative and political program demystifies the political process and empowers members. Whether it is writing a letter to the editor or converging in Springfield to address a hot issue, INA nurses are equipped with insight and knowledge of the issues.
Many more resources are available through this organization that all contribute to building nurse power and influence.
• Actively promote involvement in the governmental process at all levels
• Inform and educate members on governmental affairs
• Research and analyze legislation and legislative and regulatory trends
• Monitor proposed legislation and legislative and regulatory trends
• Develop legislative and public policy agenda
• Develop procedures to support INA's legislative position and goals
• Monitor and provide nursing input to regulatory agencies