What is INA-PAC?
Illinois Nurses Association PAC FAQ
What is a PAC?
“PAC” is an acronym for Political Action Committee. A PAC collects contributions from individuals of similar professional groups or likeminded issue stances who seek to contribute to candidates for public office who support the organization’s policy agenda.
What is the purpose of the INA PAC?
The PAC seeks to support and represent the interests of INA members. The PAC ensures that nurses’ voices are being heard by candidates running for statewide office. The PAC will contribute to candidates of both political parties, including Registered Nurses, seeking election to the Illinois General Assembly based on their support for the nursing profession and quality access to healthcare for all of Illinois.
How is the INA PAC funded?
The INA PAC is funded through voluntary individual contributions from INA members and other donors who understand the importance of nursing in Illinois. Anyone can donate to the INA PAC.
Why can’t my membership dues fund the INA PAC?
Election law prohibits INA from contributing membership dues to support the INA PAC or any candidate committee. Through voluntary contributions to the INA PAC from members, INA is better able to maintain relationships with elected representatives and candidates.
Why should I give to the INA PAC?
• Support for your profession - INA PAC works on behalf of nursing professionals and makes contributions to candidates who understand the issues that affect nursing and healthcare in Illinois. By contributing to the INA PAC, you support your colleagues in the field and the patients you serve.
• Support for your association - Contributing to the INA PAC shows your support for INA and the advocacy efforts that seek to allow nurses to practice to the full scope of their education, training and certification. INA PAC contributions support candidates whose views are consistent with the legislative priorities of the association and help to solidify relationships between INA and members of the Illinois General Assembly.
• Strength in numbers - When contributions from INA members and our allies are added together collectively, the PAC increases the number of contributions made to candidates who support the nursing profession and, can contribute greater amounts of dollars to support candidates friendly to the legislative priorities of the association.
It's time to take a stand!
Will you join us?
- INA PAC Board of Trustees
- Contribute online TODAY or click here to print out the INA-PAC Contribution Form
- INA-PAC Payroll Deduction Form click here